Wednesday 26 January 2011

Scratch and sniff stickers


Do you remember the ‘scratch and sniff’-stickers?

I used to love these as a kid. My sister used to have a whole range of them, and even though they were ‘forbidden property’ for the little sister, I did have a sniff every now and then anyway;)

I had forgotten that they even existed, until I came across a section on scented inks in the book ‘Materials, Process, Print. Creative solutions for graphic design.’ by Daniel Mason. I ended up ordering a children’s ‘scratch and sniff’-book from Amazon, and it arrived in the post last week. Even though the book in itself isn´t really what I had expected, I still like the little scratch and sniff stickers in it. Chocolate ship cookie, peach and strawberry jam are my favourite scents in there. So now I go over to the bookshelf and have a little sniff every now and then…and it makes me smile!



4 comments:

  1. Mmm - I didn't have any of these books, but I was pretty keen on scented erasers in different shapes. In fact, I've still got a whole box of them at home - I think all their smells have blended into one now though - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have scented pens too. :D And when I was a teenager Boomerang did a whole series of scratch'n sniff cards for Impulse. We used to collect them all. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I used to have one of those hugh pens with 10-15 different colours in it. I believe each colour also had different smells. Haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute! it makes me want to hug you :)

    ReplyDelete